Monday, March 05, 2007

Phyllis Gwendolen Bridle, 1926 - 2007

Well I have not blogged obviously since the last time. However, this weekend was a strange one due to my gran dying on Sunday morning. It was not a sudden thing she had Alzheimer's disease and was diagnosed approx. two years ago. It was inevitable that she would go and she had a gradual move down hill. However, over the past six weeks she rapidly disappeared. Realistically she was gone mentally years prior. She did not recognise her son (my father) or myself. She somewhat recognised my grandfather but that came and went.

She was born in Scollard, Alberta, Canada on the 18th September 1926, Phyllis Gwendolen Kite she was a Jehovah's Witness. Her father, Mr Cyril John Kite, was a farmer from Welwyn, Hertfordshire, UK and her mum, Adele Mathilda Emblem, came from Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, B.C. She was married to Peter Langford Bridle, from Derbyshire, UK, on the 9th August, 1953 in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island. They moved to Malawi to become missionaries where they had their one and only son Paul David Bridle (my father).


Phyllis Gwendolen Kite

Mr & Mrs Peter Langford Bridle

I wanted to post an entry to mark the time when she left this physical world and finally met her creator. Sunday 4th March 2007 @ 9.30am. R.I.P


No comments: