Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Funeral Day

So today is the day of grans funeral. A little bit of a strange day so far, but I think the strangest thing is going into the funeral directors to take photos of the flowers and coffin (closed casket).

The place always feels so quiet and still. Even when you have walked from outside where there are cars and people everywhere, the normal noises of a busy town. The is nothingness inside, complete quiet sometime you wonder whether words will come out when you talk.

Either way it is not the nicest of places to be but I needed to take the photos as my grandfather and father are not here for the funeral. Fortunately she past away when my grandfather went on a break to South Africa. I think it would have been very hard for him of he was here. He has a lot more friends down in Malawi and South Africa, and they all supported him.



The Flowers


Her name plate

No comments: