Friday, March 23, 2007

My Photowalk

Two days ago I decided to walk home from walk. On my way I thought to myself I will take some photos, it was a nice evening a little cool but nothing strange. This was the first time I had decided to do a photowalk without any planning. So I set off with my camera in hand.

On my way home I have to walk through the main park in my town. This was one of the reasons I thought of taking photos. It is a reasonably nice park. However, today I was to be stopped by the local constabulary. I was taking photos of some ducks, I then changed lens to do some wide angle shots of the WWII gateway the army marched through. I started to compose my shot when a police officer walked through the gate. So I lowered my camera ready to recompose my shot. He then stopped and started asking me questions.

"Were you taking pictures of us?" he said,

"No" I said "Just taking pictures of the ducks and the gateway"

"Oh" he said

To this his partner walks up and says "You weren't taking pictures to put onto the internet?"

"No, I was taking pictures of the ducks and this gateway. Why?" I said,

"It is just the fact that he has had pictures taken of him before an plastered all over the internet" she said.

They then said "good evening" and walked back to their car. It was quite uneventful really but a very strange thing to happen. Of course it would happen to me on my first impromptu photowalk.

It really amazed me how people react to cameras being around. OK, that police officer had had a bad experience. However, a few minutes later I was taking this picture...









...when a young lad about 16/17ish was walking up the path. He then scooted off the path, not strange I know, but then continued to glare at me for some reason. He looked very annoyed.

Anyway, as I said before not that exciting but interesting the reaction from people. I must be more careful of people around me and what I could potentially be accused of photographing.

No comments: